Maestro Mark LaycockMaestro Mark Laycock made his conducting début at age 21 with the Philadelphia Orchestra, returning to the podium of that great orchestra on several occasions over the ensuing years. He has conducted more than 2,000 works with a wide array of orchestras and opera companies in Europe and Asia, as well as in Israel, North America, Central and South America, with orchestras of London, Paris, Berlin, Zurich, Moscow, Kiev, Montréal, Mexico City, Seoul, and Taipei, among others.
Mark Laycock was Music Director of the Princeton Symphony Orchestra for more than 20 years, transforming that orchestra from a small chamber orchestra into a full and critically acclaimed professional symphony orchestra awarded Citations of Excellence for two consecutive years from the State Arts Council of New Jersey for “exhibiting the highest standards of artistic excellence.” He was also Associate Conductor of the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra from 2000-2003. Over the years he has developed a reputation for stepping in on short notice to conduct without rehearsal, including performances of Ein Heldenleben, Carmina Burana, Brahms Symphonies from memory, and complete productions of “Salome” and “Carmen”, all to great acclaim.
|Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra | * 90 minutes
- individual lessons with Maestro Mark Laycock | * 60 minutes of podium time in four-hands piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant fee is €600
Semi-active participant fee includes:
- 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
- listening all the meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert
- possible time with the orchestra
Please email the Masterclass manager regarding other options.
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is €40
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant fee has to be paid upon the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer 30 days before the masterclass starts at the latest.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops,
Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Pardubice, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.