Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Permanent quest conductor with New Japan Philharmonic and Brucknerhaus Orchestra Linz
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
Igor Stravinsky: - Pulcinella, Suite (1920)
Sergei Prokofiev - Symphony No. 1
Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 7
Ludwig van Beethoven - Coriolan, Overture
Richard Wagner - Siegfried-Idyll (in rehearsals)
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass. It is important that you prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
There is no age limit for participation.
The masterclass is suitable for advanced conducting students and professional conductors.
Less experienced conductors can take part in the masterclass as Semi-active participants.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time conducting the Czech Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra Pardubice
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is December 20.
Qualified candidates will be selected gradually until the application deadline, early applying candidates have more chances to participate in the masterclass.
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Nevertheless, Maestro Martin Sieghart can speak also German, France, Italien, Dutch.
We will make our best effort to provide you with language support if you don't speak these languages.
Please make a note in your application if you need that support.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
Active participant's fee is € 1800. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer 30 days before the masterclass starts at the latest.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation or postponing of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra. Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Pardubice, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.