For the participants of the Conducting Masterclass entry into the Czech Republic is allowed without quarantine. At this time, there are no restrictions and concerts will continue as scheduled. Covid: European Union adds the U.S. to its safe travel list
Masterclass for Conductors & Singers with Maestro Martin Sieghart
22 - 27 August 2021 Olomouc,
The Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra and International Conducting Masterclass present a 6-day the masterclass for conductors and singers with Maestro Martin Sieghart.
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Permanent quest conductor with New Japan Philharmonic and Brucknerhaus Orchestra Linz
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• a minimum of 90 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a dress rehearsal, the final concert or a dressed recording session
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is 1st July 2021.
Mahler: Symphony No. 4 Mozart: Linzer Symphony KV 425 Mozart: Arias from Mozart's operas: Don Giovanni, Die Zauberflöte, Così fan tutte, Le nozze di Figaro "Porgi, amor" and "Dove sono" etc..
“Temerari…come scoglio” (Fiordiligi, Così fan tutte)
“Ah chi mi dice mai...” (Donna Elvira, Don Giovanni)
"Voi che sapete" (Cherubino, Le nozze di Figaro)
"Giunse alfin il momento . . . deh, vieni" (Susanna, Le Nozze di Figaro)
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 27th August 2021 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc.
The dressed recording session will be provided at the end of the masterclass in case If concerts are still forbidden due to the epidemic.
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Maestro Sieghart can speak also German, German, Dutch, French, Italian.
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the course.
Please, contact course Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Fast trains (category R) are useless at this route, they're slower and cost the same as IC/EC.
Regular fare is € 12, second person in a group (of 2 or more) pays € 8, extra people pay € 7, SporoTiket is € 8.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet. You can use also your own cameras for video recording of piano sessions.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
We can provide also a multi-angle recording of the concert upon your request with an additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1850.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra; (a minimum of 90 minutes)
- podium time in four-hands piano sessions; (60 minutes)
- individual lessons with Maestro Sieghart;
- participation in all classes and rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 20th July 2021
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the course.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra. Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Pardubice, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.