We are fully operational and following all necessary precautions regarding COVID-19.
The orchestras continue to operate and rehearse.
For the participants from all EU states, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and New Zealand entry into the Czech Republic is allowed
. Please, contact the course manager
for travel conditions from the USA and all other countries.
21 - 25 February 2021, Pardubice, Czech Republic
Maestro Martin Sieghart & the Czech Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra Pardubice
Orchestral conducting masterclass with Maestro Martin Sieghart
and the Czech Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra Pardubice
(professional symphony orchestra).
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Permanent quest conductor with New Japan Philharmonic and Brucknerhaus Orchestra Linz
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
Visit official website: www.martin-sieghart.com
Sunday 21st. - a day for the test.
Monday 22nd February 9.00 - 12.00 - four hand piano session, 13.00-17.00 with the orchestra
Tuesday 23rd February 9.00 - 13.00 - with the orchestra, 14.30 - 17.10 - four hand piano session
Wednesday 24th February 9.00 - 13.00 - with the orchestra, 14.30 - 17.10 - four hand piano session
Thursday 25th February 9.00 - 13.00 - dressed recording session ( since concerts with an audience are still forbidden )
Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, 1st movement
Igor Stravinsky - Pulcinella, Suite (1920)
Sergei Prokofiev - Symphony No. 1
Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 7
Ludwig van Beethoven - Coriolan, Overture
Richard Wagner - Siegfried-Idyll
Please, select pieces from this repertoire you are interested to study. Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass. It is important that you prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
There is no age limit for participation.
The masterclass is suitable for advanced conducting students and professional conductors.
Less experienced conductors can take part in the masterclass as Semi-active participants.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
Photos from the Masterclasses with Maestro Martin Sieghart.
• 110 minutes
of podium time conducting the Czech Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra Pardubice
• 60 minutes
of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals, recording session
Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes
of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals
• possible time with the orchestra
Concert/ recording session
The dressed recording session
will be held on 25 February 2021
at the City Concert Hall, Pardubice
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the masterclass for conductors. You can stay in any other hotel.
We offer you accommodation in the pension Zelena Zaba with the price of 990 czk per night with breakfast. The restaurant in this hotel works daily until 20.00. https://www.zelenazaba.cz/penzion/ Payment directly at the hotel.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant.
Click here to read more about trains from Prague to Pardubice.
The masterclass will be taught in English
Nevertheless, Maestro Martin Sieghart can speak also German, France, Italien, Dutch.
We will make our best effort to provide you with language support if you don't speak these languages.
Please make a note in your application if you need that support.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Please email the Masterclass manager
regarding Active participant's fee.
participant's fee is € 550
(passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer 30 days before the masterclass starts at the latest.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation or postponing of the masterclass by the organizer.
In case of your cancellation, 25% of the masterclass fee will be charged.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops
venues & locations: Prague, Pardubice, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.