Alexander Polyanichko has worked with major opera companies throughout the world, including the Bolshoi Theatre, the Danish Royal Opera, the Deutsche Oper Berlin, the English National Opera, La Scala, Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Nationale Reisopera of The Nederlands, the Norwegian Opera, Opera Australia, Opera Colorado, Opéra de Monte Carlo, Opera National de Paris, Opera New Zealand, the Royal Opera, Covent Garde, the San Francisco Opera, the Swedish Royal Opera, the Zurich Opera.
The main aim of the workshop / masterclass for conductors: using the main conducting principles to develop your conducting scale in various styles and research the individual way to music expression.
Besides individual lessons with pianists you will work with a big professional orchestra, it will give you big emotional satisfaction and the new impulse to continue your professional career.
Less experienced conductors can take part in the workshop as Semi-active participants.
The workshop is suitable for advanced conducting students and professional conductors.
There is no age limit for participation. Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra
The program of the masterclass is in negotiation. Please, visit this page later.
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held on 27 August 2021 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
The course will be taught primarily in English .
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant.
Please, contact workshop Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
Active participant's fee: from € 1850. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer 30 days before the masterclass starts at the latest.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the workshop by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the workshop for conductors.
Workshops for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary, Budweis