9 - 14 July 2023, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Maestro Martin Sieghart & Hradec Králové Philharmonic Orchestra
Orchestral conducting workshop with Maestro Martin Sieghart
and Hradec Králové Philharmonic Orchestra
(is made up of 90 professional musicians)
J. Brahms - Symphony No 2, D dur, Op.73
F. Schubert - Symphony No.8 "Unfinished" D 759,
W. A. Mozart - Symphony No 35 D dur "Haffner", KV 385
J. Strauss: "Fledermaus," - Overture
Participants are required to select and prepare 3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the workshop. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the workshop.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• a minimum of 90 minutes
podium time conducting Hradec Králové Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes
of podium time in four hand piano sessions with the soloist
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending a video analysing session, all meetings, classes and rehearsals.
Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes
of podium time in four hand piano sessions and the soloist
• attending the video analysing session, all meetings, classes, rehearsals & the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra
Please, contact the masterclass manager for getting options.
There is no age limit for participation.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the workshop for conductors.
The concert program will be divided among participants.
The Final concert
will be held on 14th of July at 19.00
Full-size professional symphony orchestra.
You can read more about the orchestra here
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, the founder and director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as a moderator on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Professor at the University of Music and Peforming Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Artistic Director of the camber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Cofounder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart chamber orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
Travel costs must be covered by each participant.
Getting from Prague to Hradec Kralove by a train or a bus takes about 1½ hour, hourly IC/EC trains;
Eliscino nabrezi 777, 500 03, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via E-mail / transfer link
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
participant's fee is € 1900.
For more options
, please, contact the workshop manager.
participant's fee is € 600
(passive participation) fee is € 40
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer by 10th of June;
- The payment deadline for the full participation fee is 30 days prior to beginning of the workshop;
The masterclass fee is 100 % refundable only in case of cancellation or postponing of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan or more options, please contact the workshop Manager
The course will be taught primarily in English and secondary in German (as well as French, Italian and Dutch).
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops
venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.