Maestro Shakhwas taught by famous Russian conductors and teachers - Fyodor Kozlov (1927-2003) and Ilya Musin (1904-1999), he maintains and spreads traditions of St. Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory. Maestro Shakh is the Principal conductor of St. Petersburg State Conservatory Opera and Ballet Theatre, Principal conductor of the Novosibirsk Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra (the top chamber orchestra in Russia).
Alim Shakh is a prominent Russian conductor, he worked with orchestras in Moscow, St.Petersburg, Prague (Rudolfinum), Weimar, Paris, Linz (Brucknerhaus), London (Royal Albert Hall).
Maestro conducted the Saint Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, the Moscow State Symphony Orchestra, Novosibirsk Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, Orchestra of the Kazan State Opera and Ballet Theatre, Opera and ballet theatre of Saint-Petersburg conservatoire, International Symphonic Orchestra in Great Britain, Weimar Chapel Orchestra (Germany), Chamber choir Grand Rapids (the USA), Californian opera theatre (the USA), Prague Symphony Orchestra, la Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional Costa Rica, Slovak State Philharmonic, Philharmonie de Paris, Moravian Philharmonie and many others.
There is no age limit for participation.
P. Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 4
L. Beethoven - Symphony No. 1
C. Debussy - Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
J. Strauss - Die Fledermaus - Overture
Franze von Suppe - Leichte Kavallerie - Overture
Participants are required to select and prepare a minimum of 3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline: May 25, 2021.
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 02 July 2021 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Nevertheless, Maestro Shakh can speak also German.
We will make our best effort to provide a language support if you don't speak these languages.
Please make a note in your application if you need that support.
The course will take place in Olomouc, Czech Republic. The town is located between Prague and Vienna.
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the masterclass for conductors.
We offer you a single accommodation in Comfort double rooms at the FLORA hotel *** with the price of 1000 CZK per night (about 38 EUR)
Feel free to stay in any other hotel.
Video recording of all orchestra rehearsals and the concert with one camera is included in the price.
All conductors will receive his/her videos via Internet. Wish you get copied video directly at the masterclass, please bring your memory card or flash stick.
You can use your own devices for recording rehearsals with pianists.
The multi-angle recording of the concert is possible with an additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1800. ( 100 minutes with the orchestra )
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra
- individual lessons with Maestro Alim Shakh | * podium time in four-hands piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 1st June 2021 ;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the masterclass for conductors.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra. Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.