Besides individual lessons with pianists and soloists, you will work with a big professional orchestra, it will give you huge emotional satisfaction and the new impulse to continue your professional career.
There is no age limit for participation.
The masterclass is suitable for advanced conducting students and professional conductors.
Less experienced conductors can take part in the masterclass as Semi-active participants.
Lior Shambadal is an Israeli composer and conductor and an acclaimed teacher, he is known internationally through his CD and television productions, as well as through appearances as a guest conductor with international orchestras worldwide.
• Principal Conductor of the Berliner Symphoniker (1997-2020)
• Principal conductor of the Orquesta Filarmónica de Bogotá in Columbia (since 2008)
• Principal conductor of the RTV Slovenia Symphony Orchestra in Llubljana (2000-2003)
• Chief musical director of the Pfalztheater in Kaiserslautern (1993- 2000)
• Director of the Kibbutz Chamber Orchestra (1986- 1993)
• Principal conductor of the Haifa Symphony Orchestra ( since1980)
The page on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lior_Shambadal
Johannes Brahms - Symphony No. 4
Robert Schumann - Piano Concerto
Robert Schuman - "Manfred" Overture
Franz Schubert - Symphony No. 8 "Unfinished"
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• A minimum of 90 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is on July 25.
Qualified candidates will be selected gradually until the application deadline, early applying candidates have more chances to participate in the masterclass. Photos from master classes with the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held on September 27, 2021 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc.
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the masterclass for conductors.
We offer you a single accommodation in Comfort double rooms at the FLORA hotel *** with the price of 1000 CZK per night (about 38 EUR)
Feel free to stay in any other hotel.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Fast trains (category R) are useless at this route, they're slower and cost the same as IC/EC.
Regular fare is € 12, second person in a group (of 2 or more) pays € 8, extra people pay € 7, SporoTiket is € 8.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Maestro Lior Shambadal can speak also German, French, Italian, Spanish.
Video recording of all orchestra rehearsals and the concert with one camera is included in the price.
All conductors will receive his/her videos via Internet. Wish you get copied video directly at the masterclass, please bring your memory card or flash stick..
You can use your own devices for recording rehearsals with pianists.
The multi-angle recording of the concert is possible with an additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1850. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer 30 days before the masterclass starts at the latest.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation or postponing of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra. Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Pardubice, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.