For the participants of the Conducting Masterclass entry into the Czech Republic is allowed without quarantine. At this time, there are no restrictions and concerts will continue as scheduled. Covid: European Union adds the U.S. to its safe travel list
Dvorak, Berlioz, Beethoven and Schumann with Maestro Charles Olivieri-Munroe & MFO
Besides individual lessons with pianists and soloists, you will work with a big professional orchestra, it will give you huge emotional satisfaction and the new impulse to continue your professional career.
There is no age limit for participation.
The masterclass is suitable for advanced conducting students and professional conductors.
Less experienced conductors can take part in the masterclass as Semi-active participants.
L. Beethoven - Fidelio Overture in E major, Op. 72
R. Schumann - Piano Concerto in A minor, OP. 54
H. Berlióz - Overture Roman Carnival in A major, H 95
A. Dvořák - Symphony No 7 in D minor, Op. 70
A. Dvořák - Overture Carnival, Op. 92
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• A minimum of 90 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is on July 25.
Qualified candidates will be selected gradually until the application deadline, early applying candidates have more chances to participate in the masterclass. Photos from master classes with the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
Maestro Charles Olivieri-Munroe is increasingly recognized in the international press for his innovative programming, interpretation of Slavic repertoire and his passion for purity of orchestral sound. His career takes him across five continents, appearing with many of the world’s finest orchestras which has included the Israel Philharmonic, Czech Philharmonic, Montreal Symphony Orchestra, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Berlin Deutches Symphonie-Orchester, St. Petersburg Philharmonic, Danish Radio Symphony, Budapest Symphony, Warsaw Philharmonic, Royal Brussels Philharmonic, Toronto Symphony Orchestra, Oregon Symphony Orchestra, and those of New York, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Athens, Istanbul, Lisbon, Tokyo, Seoul and Santiago.... Read more about Maestro Olivieri-Munroe
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Krakow Philharmonic Orchestra
• Principal Conductor with Philharmonie Sudwestfalen
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the North Czech Philharmonic Orchestra ( he has led since 1997)
• Resident Conductor with the Texas Round Top Festival Institute (since 2005)
• Docent Conducting faculty in the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (since 2009)
• Principal Conductor of the Colorado ‘Crested Butte’ Festival (2008)
• Artistic Director of the Inter-Regionales Symfonie Orchester in Germany (2008)
• Chief Conductor of the Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra in Bratislava (2001-2004)
• Associate Conductor with the Brno Philharmonic (1995-97)
• Associate Conductor with Karlsbad Symphony Orchestra (1993-95)
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held on September 24, 2021 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc.
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the masterclass for conductors.
We offer you a single accommodation in Comfort double rooms at the FLORA hotel *** with the price of 1000 CZK per night (about 38 EUR)
Feel free to stay in any other hotel.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Fast trains (category R) are useless at this route, they're slower and cost the same as IC/EC.
Regular fare is € 12, second person in a group (of 2 or more) pays € 8, extra people pay € 7, SporoTiket is € 8.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Maestro Charles Olivieri-Munroe can speak also German and Italian.
Video recording of all orchestra rehearsals and the concert with one camera is included in the price.
All conductors will receive his/her videos via Internet. Wish you get copied video directly at the masterclass, please bring your memory card or flash stick..
You can use your own devices for recording rehearsals with pianists.
The multi-angle recording of the concert is possible with an additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1850. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer 30 days before the masterclass starts at the latest.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation or postponing of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra. Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Pardubice, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.