Charles Olivieri Munroeis the artistic director & principal conductor of the Cracow Philharmonic Orchestra (since 2015). He is concurrently chief conductor with Philharmonie Südwestfalen in Germany since 2011 and holds the position of honorary chief conductor with the North Czech Philharmonic Orchestra with whom he has been associated since 1997, Regular Guest conductor with Bangkok Symphonic Orchestra and Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra, Docent conducting faculty in the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague. Charles Olivieri-Munroe regularly appears with major orchestras throughout the world including the Israel Philharmonic, Montreal Symphony Orchestra, Toronto Symphony Orchestra, New World Symphony, Kyoto Symphony Orchestra Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Berlin Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester, St. Petersburg Philharmonic, National Philharmonic of Russia, Munich Symphony Orchestra, Stuttgart Philharmonic, Danish Radio Symphony, Czech Philharmonic, Budapest Symphony Orchestra, Warsaw Philharmonic, Royal Brussels Philharmonic, and many others. Since 2005, he has been Resident Conductor with the Texas Round Top Festival Institute.
The masterclass will take place from 12th to 17th August 2018 in Karlovy Vary (Karlsbad). Czech Republic.
Entitlements of Participants.
There is no age limit for participation.
The course will include both orchestral rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert.
Each active participant will be entitled to: - 100 minutes of podium time with Karlovy Vary Symphony Orchestra - 60 minutes of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- participation in all meetings, classes and rehearsals;
- Each active participant will conduct at the dress rehearsal and the final concert
The number of active participants is limited to 9.
Each semi-active participant will be entitled to:
- 90 minutes of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the right to attend the final concert, without conducting the orchestra.
The application deadline is 15 June 2018.
B. Smetana "Vltava"
A. Dvorak - Symphony No.7, Op.70 (obligatory)
A. Dvorak: Czech suite in D major
Z. Kodaly - Dances of Galanta,
W.A. Mozart Symphony No.38 'Prague'
The Final concert will be held 17th August in the Antonin Dvorak Concert Hall in Karlovy Vary, Windsor Carlsbad - Lázně III, Mlýnské nábřeží 5.
All qualifying active participants will conduc the final public concert and the concert program will be divided among the participants.
The recent conducting masterclass with the Karlovy Vary Symphony Orchestra. link
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Nevertheless, Charles Olivieri Munroe can speak also German.
Karlovy Vary ( Link: https://www.karlovyvary.cz/en ) is a worldwide known recreation spa area . Karlovy Vary is historically famous for its hot springs (13 main springs, about 300 smaller springs, and the warm-water Teplá River), it is the most visited spa town in the Czech Republic.
Nevertheless, Participants can choose whichever hotel they like, they are responsible for the arrangement of their accommodation in this case.
Karlovy Vary situated in western Bohemia, approximately 130 km (81 mi) west of Prague.
Getting from Prague to Karlovy Vary by bus:
( Timetables Link:
Bus stop: Prague, Vaclav Havel Airport Prague ===> Bus stop: Karlovy Vary, Terminál
The bus leaves approximately every hour and includes services such as free coffee and newspapers, and you always get comfortable seats.
You can use also Private transfer (car, minivan).
Please, contact the Masterclass Manager for full travel information.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos on USB stick or via Internet.
You can use also your own cameras for video recording.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
The concert will be recorded with one camera, HD sound quality (included in the price)
Active participant's fee is: € 1900. - 6-day accommodation with breakfast included (*** Hotel)
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra for 100 minutes;
- individual lessons with Olivieri Munroe - 60 minutes of podium time in four-hands piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
- accommodation with breakfast. *** Hotel is located in the Central Historic District, Spa-Town.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 500 - without accommodation
Semi-active participant fee includes:
- individual lessons with Olivieri Munroe for a 90 minutes of podium time in four-hands piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without having an opportunity to conduct the orchestra.
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 45
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 per cent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by is 12 July 2018 or in cash on the day of your arrival;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the masterclass for conductors.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.