Overview of the conducting masterclass,
We are pleased to offer you 5-day masterclass with Maestro Martin Sieghart (Austria) and the South Czech Philharmonic (Czech Republic).
19 - 23 November 2017, Czech Republic
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
The masterclass will take place 19 - 23 November 2017 in České Budějovice (Budweis) -The town is located between Prague (Czech Republic) and Linz (Austria). .
The best students will be offered a further cooperation with ICM Concert Agency.
Please contact the masterclass Manager for more information regarding the development program.
I. Stravinsky Pulcinella-Suite (18'),
J. Haydn Symphony Nr. 88 in G major (22'),
L. Beethoven Symphony Nr. 1 in C major (25'),
A. Dvořák Symphony Nr. 9 in E minor op. 95 "From The New World" (45')
J. Strauss Ouverture "The Gypsy Baron" (8'),
" A Night in Venice " (7'),
F. Schubert Symphony No.8 "Unfinished" in b minor, D.759 (25'),
Symphony Nr. 4 "The tragic" in C minor, (35'),
Participants are required to select and prepare 2-3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the course.
The Final Concert will include different movements from selected music works.
There is no age limit for participation.
The course will include both, orchestra rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert. The concert will be held on November 23, at 7 pm in the Otakara Jeremiáše concert hall, Kněžská 411/6, 37001 České Budějovice.
All qualifying active participants will conduct at the final public concert and the concert program will be divided among the participants.
Dates and time schedule of the masterclass
19th Nov. - at 13.00 - opening of the masterclass, four hand piano sessions
20th Nov. - four hand piano sessions, evening orchestra rehearsal
21th Nov. - double orchestra rehearsals
22nd Nov. - double orchestra rehearsals
23rd Nov. - the dress rehearsal and the final public concert
All participants will receive the final schedule after the application deadline.
The application deadline is August 20, 2017.
The course will be taught primarily in English. Maestro Sieghart can speak also German, French, Italian and Dutch.
The nearest airport is in Prague
Travel from Prague to České Budějovice will take you about 2- 2,5 hours . There are connections every 30 minutes.
The masterclass fee does not include an accommodation.
Please, contact Masterclass manager
for more information: email@example.com.
All orchestra rehearsals and final public concert will be recorded and copied to USB stick or sent via the Internet.
The recording is included in the price.
Participants allowed to use their own devices.
Active participant’s fee is € 1650.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the South Czech Philharmonic for 100 minutes;
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart - 60 minutes of podium time in four-hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
The number of active participants is limited to 10.
Semi-active participant’s fee is € 500
Semi-active participant fee entitles for:
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart for 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without having an opportunity to conduct the orchestra.
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 percent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after organizers' confirmation of your participation.
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer by 1st November 2017 or in cash on the first day of the masterclass.
Should you wish to modify your payment schedule, please, contact the organizers by email.
If you would like to stay updated on all upcoming projects, please join our mailing list.