Overview of the conducting masterclass,
We are pleased to offer you 6-day masterclass with Maestro Martin Sieghart and the Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre (Czech Republic).
3 - 8 April 2017, Czech Republic
Dear Conductors, one free spot has just appeared in this masterclass. If you like to attend this masterclass with low price, write, please to the masterclass Manager:
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, the founder and director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Professor at the University of Music and Peforming Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Artistic Director of the camber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Cofounder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart chamber orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
The masterclass will take place from 3rd to 8th April 2017 in Ústí nad Labem - city between Dresden and Prague. Czech Republic.
Entitlements of Participants.
There is no age limit for participation.
The course will include both orchestral rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert.
Each active participant will be entitled for:
- 100 minutes
of podium time with Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre
- 60 minutes
of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- participation in all meetings, classes and rehearsals;
- Each active participant will conduct at the dress rehearsal and the final concert
Each semi-active participant will be entitled for:
- 90 minutes
of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the right to attend the final concert, without conducting the orchestra.
J. Haydn Symphony Nr. 101, D major "Die Uhr",
W.A. Mozart Symphony KV 550 g minor , version with clarinets,
L. Beethoven Symphony Nr. 3, E-flat major "Eroica"
L. Beethoven - Overture Coriolan, Op.62,
L. Beethoven - Overture Egmont, Op. 84,
J. Brahms - Tragic Overture, Op.81,
B. Smetana - The Moldau
Participants are required to select and prepare 2-3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
Dates and time schedule of the masterclass (3 - 8 April 2017)
3rd April - at 12.00 - opening of the masterclass, four hand piano rehearsal sessions
4th April - four hand piano rehearsal sessions, evening orchestra rehearsal
5th - 6th - 7th April - orchestra rehearsals
8th April - Dress rehearsal and the Final public concert
All participants will receive the final schedule after the application deadline.
The concert will be held on 8th April 2017 at 5pm in the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre.
All qualifying active participants will conduct at the final public concert and the concert program will be divided among the participants.
The course will be taught primarily in English and secondarily in German (as well as French, Italian and Dutch).
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant.
Regarding accommodation possibilities please contact the Masterclass manager email@example.com
Travel costs must be covered by each participant.
The nearest airport is in Prague
Travel from Prague to Ústí nad Labem
will take you about 1hour 15mins. There are connections every 30 minutes.
All orchestra rehearsals and final public concert will be recorded and copied to usb stick.
The recording is included in the price.
You can use also your own camera for video recording.
For information regarding prices please contact us by email
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra for 100 minutes;
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart - 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
The number of active participants is limited to 10.
Semi-active participant fee entitles for:
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart for a 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without having opportunity to conduct the orchestra.
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 per cent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers`confirmation of your participation.
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer by 15th March 2017 or in cash on the first day of the masterclass.
Should you wish to modify your payment schedule, please, contact the organizers by email:
If you would like to stay updated on all upcoming projects, please join our mailing list.
The recent opera conducting masterclass with the North Bohemian Symphony Orchestra.
The Opera Building.
The Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre, Czech Republic