Alim Shakh is a prominent Russian conductor, he was taught by famous Russian conductors and teachers Ilya Musin (1904–1999) and Fyodor Kozlov (1927–2003), he maintains and spreads traditions of St. Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory. Maestro Shakh is the Principal conductor of St. Petersburg State Conservatory Opera and Ballet Theatre. He works with the Saint Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, the Moscow State Symphony Orchestra, International Symphonic Orchestra in Great Britain, Weimar Chapel Orchestra (Germany), Chamber choir Grand Rapids (USA), Californian opera theatre (USA), Prague Symphony Orchestra, la Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional Costa Rica, Slovak State Philharmonic, Philharmonie de Paris, Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra and many others. Read more about Alim Shakh Photos from the Masterclasses with Maestro Alim Shakh and the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra.
W.A. Mozart - The Magic Flute, Overture
W.A. Mozart - Overture The Abduction from the Seraglio (K.384)
L. Beethoven - Symphony No. 4
Carl Maria von Weber - Oberon, Overture
P. Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
There is no age limit for participation.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is 30 November 2019.
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Nevertheless, Maestro Shakh can speak also German.
We will make our best effort to provide a language support if you don't speak these languages.
Please make a note in your application if you need that support.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
Active participant's fee is € 1750. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 15 January 2020;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the masterclass for conductors.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Masterclass manager.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra. Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.