The North Bohemian Theatre and International Conducting Masterclass present a 6-day orchestral conducting masterclass with Maestro Martin Sieghart, Orchestra, Choir and soloists of the North Bohemian Theatre
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Permanent quest conductor with New Japan Philharmonic and Brucknerhaus Orchestra Linz
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Theatre
• 30 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• 30 minutes of podium time with the choir and soloists in piano sessions
• 8 Active participants, who demonstrated the greatest conducting skills, will conduct at the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is 30 January 2018.
The program of the masterclass: L. BEETHOVEN 9th Symphony 65' F. MENDELSSOHN - Symphony No. 4 A major Op. 90 "Italian" 26' A. BORODIN - Polovtsian Dances 12' N. RIMSKY-KORSAKOV - Scheherazade Suite 42'
The program of the concert: F. MENDELSSOHN - Symphony No. 4 A major Op. 90 "Italian" L. BEETHOVEN 9th Symphony
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
All rehearsals and the Final concert will be held in the North Bohemian Theatre.
The concert starts on March 24, at 5pm. Archive Photos: Opera Conducting Masterclass. 2016 in the North Bohemian Theatre
The masterclass will be taught in English.
Nevertheless, Maestro Sieghart can speak also German, Dutch, France, Italian.
Participants are responsible for their accommodation. Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the masterclass for conductors. You can stay in any hotel. We can offer you an assistance with finding accommodation.
Please, contact Masterclass Manager to find cheaper accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Ústí nad Labem located between Dresden and Prague. Czech Republic.
The nearest airports are in Prague and Berlin.
Travel from Prague to Ústí nad Labem will take you about 1hour 15mins. There are connections every 30 minutes.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos on USB stick or via Internet.
You can use also your own devices for video recording.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
Active participant's fee is € 2050. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 45
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 per cent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 19th February 2018 or in cash on the day of your arrival;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the masterclass for conductors.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment sсhedule please contact the Masterclass manager. The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary, Budweis