Overview of the conducting masterclass,
21- 26 January 2017, Olomouc. Czech Republic
We are happy to offer you 6-day orchestral conducting masterclass with
Maestro Alim Shakh (Principal conductor of St. Petersburg State Conservatory Opera and Ballet Theatre, Principal conductor of the Novosibirsk Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra)
and the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra. The soloist: Stanislav Khristenko (USA).
We offer you for studying a wonderful Russian repertoire!
D. Shostakovich, Festive overture
D. Shostakovich, 9th symphony
S. Prokofiev, 1st symphony
P. Tchaikovsky, 4th symphony
S. Rachmaninoff, 3rd piano concerto
A. Dvořak, 9th symphony
The Final concert will be held 26 January 2017 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
The concert program will be divided between participants.
The masterclass / course will be taught in English.
Nevertheless Maestro Shakh can speak also German and Russian.
We will make our best effort to provide a language support if you don't speak these languages.
Please make a note in your application if you need that support.
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the masterclass / workshop.
We provide an accommodation in the FLORA hotel ***.
Standard double rooms with single occupancy with breakfast cost 38 EUR/night for masterclass / workshop participants.
There is also a possibility to stay in cheaper- Economy-class rooms in the same hotel.
Nevertheless you can stay in any other hotel.
It is possible to have cheaper accommodation in Lecturers' dormitory of Palacký University with the price 22 EUR per night and 2 EUR for a breakfast.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each participant will receive his/her videos on USB stick.
You can use also your own cameras for video recording.
Video recording of rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
The concert will be recorded with one professional camera, HD sound quality.
We can provide also a multi-angle recording of the concert upon your request with additional cost.
Active participant`s fee is € 1650.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra for at least 100 minutes;
- individual lessons with Maestro Shakh - 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert;
- participation in the dress rehearsal and the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
The number of active participants is limited to 10.
Semi-active participant’s fee is € 500
Semi-active participant fee entitles for:
- individual lessons with Maestro Shakh for 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without having opportunity to conduct the orchestra.)
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 per cent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers`confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 13 January 2017 or in cash on the day of your arrival;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the masterclass.
For an individual payment sсhedule please contact the Masterclass manager by email:
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass / course.
masterclass / workshop
If you would like to stay updated on all upcoming projects, please join our mailing list.