Maestro Shakh was taught by famous Russian conductors and teachers - Fyodor Kozlov (1927–2003) and Ilya Musin (1904–1999), he maintains and spreads traditions of St. Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory. Maestro Shakh is the Principal conductor of St. Petersburg State Conservatory Opera and Ballet Theatre, Principal conductor of the Novosibirsk Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra (the top chamber orchestra in Russia).
Alim Shakh is a prominent Russian conductor, he worked with orchestras in Moscow, St.Petersburg, Prague (Rudolfinum), Weimar, Paris, Linz (Brucknerhaus), London (Royal Albert Hall).
Maestro conducted the Saint Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, the Moscow State Symphony Orchestra, Novosibirsk Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, Orchestra of the Kazan State Opera and Ballet Theatre, Opera and ballet theatre of Saint-Petersburg conservatoire, International Symphonic Orchestra in Great Britain, Weimar Chapel Orchestra (Germany), Chamber choir Grand Rapids (the USA), Californian opera theatre (the USA), Prague Symphony Orchestra, la Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional Costa Rica, Slovak State Philharmonic, Philharmonie de Paris, Moravian Philharmonie and many others.
The main aim of the workshop / masterclass for conductors: using the main conducting principles to develop your conducting scale in various styles and research the individual way to music expression.
Besides individual lessons with pianists you will work with a big professional orchestra, it will give you big emotional satisfaction and the new impulse to continue your professional career.
There is no age limit for participation.
L. Beethoven - Coriolan, Overture
L. Beethoven - Symphony No. 1
I. Stravinsky - The Firebird, Suite 1919
P. I. Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker Suite, Op 71a
G. Verdi - La Forza del Destino, Overture
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra The application deadline is 25th November 2018.
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 25 January 2019 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
The course will be taught primarily in English and secondarily in German (as well as czech or russian).
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the workshop for conductors.
Please, contact workshop Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
You can use also your own cameras for video recording.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
We can provide also a multi-angle recording of the concert upon your request with additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1750.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra; (100 minutes)
- podium time in four-hands piano sessions; (60 minutes)
- individual lessons with Maestro Alim Shakh
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 10 January 2019 or in cash on the day of your arrival;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the course.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the workshop by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the workshop for conductors.
Workshops for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting workshops and workshops, Summer Workshop venues & locations: Prague, Marienbad, Olomouc, Karlovy Vary.