Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Permanent quest conductor with New Japan Philharmonic and Brucknerhaus Orchestra Linz
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The main aim of the workshop / masterclass for conductors: using the main conducting principles to develop your conducting scale in various styles and research the individual way to music expression.
Besides individual lessons with pianists you will work with a big professional orchestra, it will give you big emotional satisfaction and the new impulse to continue your professional career.
There is no age limit for participation. Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra
The application deadline is 1 July 2019.
Johannes Brahms, Symphony No.1;
Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 2;
Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Overture Hebrides;
Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Op.21
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 13 September 2019 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
The course will be taught primarily in English and secondarily in German (as well as French, Italian and Dutch).
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant.
Please, contact workshop Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
Active participant's fee is € 1690. Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 24 August 2019
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the course.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the workshop by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager
The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the workshop for conductors.
Workshops for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary, Budweis