Alim Shakh is a prominent Russian conductor, he was taught by famous Russian conductors and teachers Ilya Musin (1904–1999) and Fyodor Kozlov (1927–2003), he maintains and spreads traditions of St. Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory. Maestro Shakh is the Principal conductor of St. Petersburg State Conservatory Opera and Ballet Theatre. He works with the Saint Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, the Moscow State Symphony Orchestra, International Symphonic Orchestra in Great Britain, Weimar Chapel Orchestra (Germany), Chamber choir Grand Rapids (USA), Californian opera theatre (USA), Prague Symphony Orchestra, la Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional Costa Rica, Slovak State Philharmonic, Philharmonie de Paris, Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra and many others. Read more about Alim Shakh Photos from the Masterclasses with Maestro Alim Shakh and the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra.
Each Active participant will be entitled to:
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra
The application deadline is Tuesday 20 March 2020.
There is no age limit for participation.
A. Dvořák: Symphony No. 9,
L. Beethoven: Symphony No. 2,
W.A. Mozart: Don Giovanni, overture,
M. Ravel: La Valse.
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 19 June 2020 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the course.
Please, contact course Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Fast trains (category R) are useless at this route, they're slower and cost the same as IC/EC.
Regular fare is € 12, second person in a group (of 2 or more) pays € 8, extra people pay € 7, SporoTiket is € 8.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
You can use also your own cameras for video recording.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
We can provide also a multi-angle recording of the concert upon your request with additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1800.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra; (100 minutes)
- podium time in four-hands piano sessions; (60 minutes)
- individual lessons with Maestro Alim Shakh
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 01 June 2020
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the course.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.