Alexander Polianichko studied conducting with the legendary professor Ilya Musin at the Saint Petersburg State Conservatoire which he graduated with honors in June 1991.
• First Prize Laureate in the Sixth All-Union Conductor’s Competition (1988)
• House Conductor at the Mariinsky (Kirov) Theatre in Saint Petersburg from 1989. Alexander toured with the Company throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States.
• In 1994, Polianichko made his London debut conducting English National Opera’s production of Eugene Onegin.
• Jury member at the Rimsky-Korsakov Opera Singers’ Competition (1996)
• From 1996 to 1999, he was the Principal Conductor of the Bournemouth Sinfonietta.
• From 2005, Polianichko gave orchestral master classes for the Swedish National Orchestra Academy, Symphony Orchestra of the Royal College of Music, London, Chamber Orchestra of the Cambridge University, and Britten-Pears Youth Orchestra.
• The Honoured Artist of Russia (2009)
• Jury member at the BBC Cardiff Singer of the World competition (2011)
• From 1996 to the present, Maestro has working with leading orchestras around the world.
Alexander Polianichko has worked with major opera companies throughout the world, including the Bolshoi Theatre, the Danish Royal Opera, the Deutsche Oper Berlin, the English National Opera, La Scala, Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Nationale Reisopera of The Nederlands, the Norwegian Opera, Opera Australia, Opera Colorado, Opéra de Monte Carlo, Opera National de Paris, Opera New Zealand, the Royal Opera, Covent Garde, the San Francisco Opera, the Swedish Royal Opera, the Zurich Opera.
Maestro has toured New Zealand with the Wellington Symphony Orchestra and Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and the Brisbane Symphony Orchestra. In the United Kingdom, he conducted the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra (soloist Paul Lewis), the BBC National Orchestra of Wales (soloist Boris Berezovsky), the English Chamber Orchestra (soloist Misha Maiski), the Royal Scottish National Orchestra (soloist Jean-Yves Tibaude), the London Philharmonic, the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra (soloist Nikolay Demidenko), the Orchestra of Opera North, the Orchestra of Welsh National Opera, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Hallé Orchestra. He has worked with the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, the Beethoven Academie of Antwerp, the Calgary Philharmonic, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, the Danish National Radio Orchestra, the Freiburg Philharmonic Orchestra, the Irish Chamber Orchestra, the Jenaer Philharmonie, the Latvian State Symphony Orchestra, the Norway Radio Orchestra, the Aalborg Symphony and many others...
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra
The application deadline is 1st July 2018.
Dmitri Shostakovich - Symphony No. 5 in D minor, Op. 47
Rodion Shchedrin: Carmen Suite (1967) after Bizet's Opera
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Op. 74, Pathétique
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Serenade for Strings in C major, Op. 48
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 31 August 2018 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the course.
Please, contact course Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Fast trains (category R) are useless at this route, they're slower and cost the same as IC/EC.
Regular fare is € 12, second person in a group (of 2 or more) pays € 8, extra people pay € 7, SporoTiket is € 8.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
You can use also your own cameras for video recording.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
We can provide also a multi-angle recording of the concert upon your request with additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1700.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra; (100 minutes)
- podium time in four-hands piano sessions; (60 minutes)
- individual lessons with Maestro Alexander Polianichko
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 12 August 2018 or in cash on the day of your arrival;
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the course.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.