Maestro Alexander Polianichko , the Honored Artist of Russia (2009) is the House Conductor at the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg since 1989 and toured with this Company throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States. He was a Jury member at the BBC Cardiff Singers’ Competition (2011) and Jury member at the Rimsky-Korsakov Opera Singers’ Competition (1996). In 1994, Alexander Polianichko made his London debut conducting English National Opera’s production of Eugene Onegin and has worked with leading orchestras around the world. Since 2005, Maestro gave orchestral master classes for the Swedish National Orchestra Academy, Symphony Orchestra of the Royal College of Music, London, Chamber Orchestra of the Cambridge University, and Britten-Pears Youth Orchestra.
Alexander Polianichko has worked with major opera companies throughout the world, including the Bolshoi Theatre, the Danish Royal Opera, the Deutsche Oper Berlin, the English National Opera, La Scala, Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Nationale Reisopera of The Nederlands, the Norwegian Opera, Opera Australia, Opera Colorado, Opéra de Monte Carlo, Opera National de Paris, Opera New Zealand, the Royal Opera, Covent Garde, the San Francisco Opera, the Swedish Royal Opera, the Zurich Opera.
• 100 minutes of podium time conducting the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra
• 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• each Active participant will conduct a Dress rehearsal and the Final concert
• attending all meetings, classes and rehearsals
Each Semi-active participant will be entitled to:
• 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions
• attending all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without an opportunity to conduct the orchestra
The application deadline is Tuesday 23th July 2019.
There is no age limit for participation.
J. Brahms - Symphony No. 3,
I. Stravinsky - Suite from the ballet Petrouchka (1947),
E. Grieg - Peer Gynt Suites: No.1. No.2,
W.A. Mozart - Don Giovanni, overture,
L. Beethoven - Egmont, overture.
The concert program will be divided among participants. The Final concert will be held 11 October 2019 in the Reduta Hall, Olomouc
Historical place: the famous composer and conductor Gustav Mahler worked at the German Public Theater (now the Moravian Theatre in Olomouc)
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant of the course.
Please, contact course Manager to find accommodation.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant. Getting from Prague to Olomouc by Train
2½h, hourly IC/EC trains; 2h, SC Pendolino every two hours.
Fast trains (category R) are useless at this route, they're slower and cost the same as IC/EC.
Regular fare is € 12, second person in a group (of 2 or more) pays € 8, extra people pay € 7, SporoTiket is € 8.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you to manage your trip.
There are several airports around Olomouc: in Prague, Vienna, Brno and Ostrava.
All sessions with the orchestra will be video recorded and each conductor will receive his/her videos via Internet.
You can use also your own cameras for video recording.
Video recording of orchestra rehearsals and the concert is included in the price.
We can provide also a multi-angle recording of the concert upon your request with additional cost.
Active participant's fee is € 1750.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra; (100 minutes)
- podium time in four-hands piano sessions; (60 minutes)
- individual lessons with Maestro Alexander Polianichko
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals;
- the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
Semi-active participant's fee is € 550 Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee. Payment schedule
- 25 % of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers` confirmation of your participation;
- The rest of the deposit has to be paid via bank transfer by 20 September 2019
- 100% deposit should be paid until the 1st day of the course.
The deposit is 100% refundable only in case of cancellation of the masterclass by the organizer.
For an individual payment plan please contact the Course Manager The Certificate of participation will be provided for all Participants who have completed the masterclass for conductors.
Masterclasses for conductors with a full-size orchestra.
Conducting Programs include Opera & Orchestral Conducting masterclasses and workshops, Masterclass venues & locations: Prague, Olomouc, Marienbad, Karlovy Vary.