Overview of the Intensive conducting Course,
We are pleased to offer you 5-day Course with Maestro Martin Sieghart (Austria) and the South Czech Philharmonic (Czech Republic).
19 - 23 November 2017, Czech Republic
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The Course will take place 19 - 23 November 2017 in České Budějovice (Budweis) The town is located between Prague (Czech Republic) and Linz (Austria). .
Dates and time schedule of the course
19th Nov. - at 13.00 - opening of the course, four hand piano sessions
20th Nov. - four hand piano sessions, evening orchestra rehearsal
21th Nov. - double orchestra rehearsals
22nd Nov. - double orchestra rehearsals
23rd Nov. - the dress rehearsal and the final public concert
I. Stravinsky Pulcinella-Suite (18')
F. Schubert Symphony No.8 "Unfinished" in b minor, D.759 in B minor (25') and/or Symphony Nr. 4 in C minor,"The tragic" (35')
A. Dvořák Symphony Nr. 9 in E minor op. 95 "From The New World" (45')
J. Strauss Ouverture "The Gypsy Baron" (8') and/or " A Night in Venice " (7')
L. Beethoven Symphony Nr. 1 in C major (25')
J. Haydn Symphony Nr. 88 in G major (22')
There is no age limit for participation.
Participants are required to select and prepare 2-3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the course.
The Final Concert will include different movements from selected music works.
The course will include both, orchestra rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert.
The nearest airport is in Prague
Travel from Prague to České Budějovice will take you about 2- 2,5 hours . There are connections every 30 minutes.
The Course fee does not include an accommodation.
Please, contact the Course manager
for more information.
All orchestra rehearsals and final public concert will be recorded and copied to USB stick or sent via the Internet.
The recording is included in the price.
Participants allowed to use their own devices.
The course will be taught primarily in English. Maestro Sieghart can speak also German, French, Italian.
Active participant’s fee is € 1650.
Active participant fee includes:
- conducting the South Czech Philharmonic for 100 minutes;
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart - 60 minutes of podium time in four-hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
The number of active participants is limited to 10.
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
Semi-active participant’s fee is € 500
Semi-active participant fee entitles for:
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart for 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all rehearsals, meetings, classes and the final concert, without having an opportunity to conduct the orchestra.
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 percent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after organizers' confirmation of your participation.
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer by 1st November 2017 or in cash on the first day of the course.
Should you wish to modify your payment schedule, please, contact the organizers by email.