Overview of the conducting Workshop,
3 - 8 April 2017, Czech Republic
We are pleased to offer you 6-day workshop with the Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre (Czech Republic) and Maestro Martin Sieghart
The workshop will take place from 3rd to 8th April 2017 in Ústí nad Labem - city between Dresden and Prague. Czech Republic.
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, the founder and director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as a moderator on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Professor at the University of Music and Peforming Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Artistic Director of the camber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Cofounder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart chamber orchestra ( 1990-1995)
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
Entitlements of Participants.
There is no age limit for participation.
The workshop will include both orchestral rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert.
Each active participant will be entitled for:
- 100 minutes
of podium time with Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre
- 60 minutes
of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- each active participant will conduct at the dress rehearsal and the final concert
- participation in all meetings, classes and rehearsals;
Each semi-active participant will be entitled for:
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the right to attend the final concert, without conducting the orchestra
- 90 minutes
of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
W.A. Mozart Symphony KV 550 g minor , version with clarinets,
J. Haydn Symphony Nr. 101, D major "Die Uhr",
L. Beethoven Symphony Nr. 3, E-flat major "Eroica",
J. Brahms - Tragic Overture, Op.81,
L. Beethoven - Overture Coriolan,Op.62,
L. Beethoven - Overture Egmont,Op. 84,
B. Smetana - The Moldau
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the course. It is important that you listen to the chosen pieces and train to conduct them to the extent possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass / workshop.
Dates and time schedule of the workshop (3 - 8 April 2017)
3rd April - 12.00 - opening of the workshop, four hand piano rehearsal sessions.
4th April - four hand piano rehearsal sessions, evening orchestra rehearsal
5th - 6th - 7th April - orchestra rehearsals.
8th April - Dress rehearsal and the Final public concert
All participants will receive the final schedule after the application deadline.
All qualifying active participants will conduct at the final public concert and the concert program will be divided among the participants.
The concert will be held on 8th April 2017 at 5pm in the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre.
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant.
Regarding accommodation possibilities please contact the Masterclass manager email@example.com
The course will be taught primarily in English and secondarily in German (as well as French, Italian and Dutch).
All orchestra rehearsals and final public concert will be recorded and copied to usb stick.
You can use also your own camera for video recording.
The recording is included in the price.
Travel costs must be covered by each participant.
The nearest airport is in Prague
Travel from Prague to Ústí nad Labem
will take you about 1hour 15mins. There are connections every 30 minutes.
For information regarding prices please contact us by email
Active participant fee includes:
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart - 60 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- conducting the Symphony Orchestra for 100 minutes;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert;
- recorded orchestra rehearsals and the final concert.
The number of active participants is limited to 10.
Semi-active participant fee entitles for:
- individual lessons with Martin Sieghart for a 90 minutes of podium time in four hand piano sessions;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the final concert, without having opportunity to conduct the orchestra.
Daily Visitors' (passive participation) fee is € 35
There is no registration/application fee.
- 25 per cent of the participant’s fee has to be paid as a deposit via bank transfer two weeks at the latest after the organizers`confirmation of your participation.
- the rest of the fee has to be paid via bank transfer by 15th March 2017 or in cash on the first day of the workshop.
Should you wish to modify your payment schedule, please, contact the organizers by email
If you would like to stay updated on all upcoming projects, please join our mailing list.