Overview of the conducting masterclass,
19 - 23 November 2017, Czech Republic
We are pleased to offer you 5-day Intensive masterclass with Maestro Martin Sieghart (Austria)
and the South Czech Philharmonic
Martin Sieghart is one of the most versatile musicians of his country. He is a conductor of worldwide demand, a teacher of many successful international students, a founder and music director of several festivals, a former longstanding principal cellist of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, organist, repetiteur and has acted as an accompanist on the piano for his own Opera and Orchestral projects.
• Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz. (2000-2016)
• Honorary Principal Conductor with the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2009)
• Chief conductor of the Arnhem Philharmonic Orchestra (Holland) (since 2003)
• Artistic Director of the chamber orchestra "Spirit of Europe" (2005-2008)
• Founder & Artistic Director of the opera festival "Mozart in Reinsberg" (2002-2006)
• Principal Guest Conductor of the Israel Chamber Orchestra (Israel) (since 2012)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Linz's opera (1992-2000)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz (1992)
• Co-founder of the "EntArteOpera" festival together with Susanne Thomasberger and Philipp Harnoncourt. (since 1997)
• Artistic Director & Principal Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra ( 1990-1995)
Read more about Maestro Martin Sieghart
The page on Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sieghart
The masterclass will take place 19 - 23 November 2017 in České Budějovice (Budweis) -The town is located between Prague (Czech Republic) and Linz (Austria). .
J. Strauss - Ouverture "The Gypsy Baron" (8')
J. Strauss - Ouverture " A Night in Venice " (7')
F. Schubert - Symphony No.8 "Unfinished" in b minor, D.759 in B minor (25')
F. Schubert Symphony Nr. 4 "The tragic" in C minor,(35')
I. Stravinsky Pulcinella-Suite (18')
J. Haydn Symphony Nr. 88 in G major (22')
L. Beethoven Symphony Nr. 1 in C major (25')
A. Dvořák Symphony Nr. 9 in E minor op. 95 "From The New World" (45')
Participants are required to select and prepare 2-3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the course.
The Final Concert will include different movements from selected music works.
There is no age limit for participation.
The course will include both, orchestra rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert. The concert will be held on November 23, at 7 pm in the Otakara Jeremiáše concert hall, Kněžská 411/6, 37001 České Budějovice.
All qualifying active participants will conduct at the final public concert and the concert program will be divided among the participants.
Dates and time schedule of the masterclass
19th Nov. - at 13.00 - opening of the masterclass, four hand piano sessions
20th Nov. - four hand piano sessions, evening orchestra rehearsal
21th Nov. - double orchestra rehearsals
22nd Nov. - double orchestra rehearsals
23rd Nov. - the dress rehearsal and the final public concert
The course will be taught primarily in English. Maestro Sieghart can speak also German, French, Italian and Dutch.
The nearest airport is in Prague.
Travel from Prague to České Budějovice will take you about 2- 2,5 hours . There are connections every 30 minutes.
The masterclass fee does not include an accommodation.
All orchestra rehearsals and final public concert will be recorded and copied to USB stick or sent via the Internet.
The recording is included in the price.
Participants allowed to use their own devices.