The masterclass will take place from 3rd to 8th April 2017 in Ústí nad Labem - city between Dresden and Prague. Czech Republic
Entitlements of Participants.
There is no age limit for participation.
The course will include both orchestral rehearsals and individual conducting lessons and will culminate in the dress rehearsal and a final concert.
Each active participant will be entitled for:
- 100 minutes of podium time with Symphony Orchestra of the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre - 60 minutes of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- participation in all meetings, classes and rehearsals;
- Each active participant will conduct at the dress rehearsal and the final concert
Each semi-active participant will be entitled for:
- 90 minutes of podium time in sessions with piano accompaniment;
- participation in all meetings, classes, rehearsals and the right to attend the final concert, without conducting the orchestra.
J. Haydn Symphony Nr. 101, D major "Die Uhr",
W.A. Mozart Symphony KV 550 g minor , version with clarinets,
L. Beethoven Symphony Nr. 3, E-flat major "Eroica"
L. Beethoven - Overture Coriolan, Op.62,
L. Beethoven - Overture Egmont, Op. 84,
J. Brahms - Tragic Overture, Op.81,
B. Smetana - The Moldau
Participants are required to select and prepare 2-3 music works from this repertoire.
Conductors are expected to purchase and study their scores before the start of the masterclass for conductors. It is important that you listen to the pieces and prepare them as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits from the masterclass.
Dates and time schedule of the masterclass (3 - 8 April 2017)
3rd April - at 12.00 - opening of the masterclass, four hand piano rehearsal sessions
4th April - four hand piano rehearsal sessions, evening orchestra rehearsal
5th - 6th - 7th April - orchestra rehearsals
8th April - Dress rehearsal and the Final public concert
All participants will receive the final schedule after the application deadline.
The concert will be held on 8th April 2017 at 5pm in the North Bohemian Opera and Ballet Theatre.
All qualifying active participants will conduct at the final public concert and the concert program will be divided among the participants.
The course will be taught primarily in English and secondarily in German (as well as French, Italian and Dutch).
Accommodation costs must be covered by each participant.
Regarding accommodation possibilities please contact the Masterclass manager email@example.com